CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Crazy weekend!

This week end I had my sister Amy's sweet kids!The twins Kylie and Destiny who are six and baby Josiah who is two months old! Her and her hubby went to Vegas for their Anniversary I was happy to take the kids because they had not been away together since their honey moon three years ago. I am a firm believer of taking get aways as often as you can with your spouse to get reconnected Nate and I go on little one or two nighters about 2-3 times a year and I look forward to them so much!

I had them for 5 days. SO with my two kids I had 5 kids all weekend needless to say our house was a little crazy! It seemed like every time I went to cook dinner, change a baby bum, or anything that needed my attention there would be someone or something else that need my attention. I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off all weekend! I do have to say we did have fun though, we played out side when the weather would let us and we spent a lot of time playing the wii. Nate put up a tent in Sky's room and they had a camp out in there they thought is was cool!

The girls are a big help they love to help with Abbie which was very nice since I had the baby to tend to. Although Abbie LOVED baby Josiah she wanted to hold him every chance she had and was always trying to give him his bottle, binky, or blanket she is a little nother hen forsure! I love those kids so much they are so fun and not to mention so CUTE! I don't know what Amy does or how she does it, but they are so well behaved they listen and you rarely have to ask them more than once. I need to take lessons from her because my kids have me wrapped around their little fingers!

3 comments:

Mandy Rae said...

Amy's philosophy is the same as mine..."spare the rod and you'll spoil the child". Ha!

Karen said...

Wow! what a busy weekend. You are so sweet to take her kids :) I guess this gives you a little insight into what it would be like to have 5 kids..yikes!

Amy & Glade said...

Oh I love my babies. I think it's so funny how much Abbi wanted to help. She is really sweet with Josiah. Thanks so much for taking them. We really did have a great time in Vegas.