CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Getting Healthy

I have debated on posting about this for a few weeks! I decided I wanted to and that I needed to because I need all the support I can get! So to start I want you all to know I made a huge decision a few weeks ago I decided I couldn't be this way any more and that I needed to do something about my weight! I am very very excited but also nervous. I joined L.A Weight Loss and I really like the program I have done this program before, over 5 years ago and it worked so well! Then I got married and had kids and the weight just kept piling on. But this is it, say goodbye to the old Erin because the new one is going to rock this world.

My sweet brother in law gave me his amazing treadmill that is practically brand new! It will be a huge help thank you so much Brandon.

It has been 3 1/2 weeks and I have lost 7 lbs. I would love to hear any encouragement or advice so please fill free to leave some! Thanks for all you support and wish me luck I know this isn't going to be easy and it will take a long time, but I am ready!!!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Erin, I think that's great you got a treadmill! One thing I had to learn the hard way when I started running a lot was to drink lots of water!!! I don't drink while I'm running, but I drink all day long afterwards. (The problem with running is that you burn more calories when you run, so it makes you even hungrier. A good way to fight the hunger is to drink water instead of eating when you get hungry.) A really good trick to eating less is to drink a huge glass of water right before you eat a meal. That way, you'll feel fuller faster so you eat less and keep your body hydrated at the same time. Best of luck to you, I know you'll do great!!

Taj said...

Hey Erin, hope it is not too weird that I was blog hopping and found you on here. Just wanted to let you know I am in the same position. I gained ALOT of weight my first year of college and then it just kept coming. Don't know what happened to me but it is not fun. Hang in there and stay strong. I know how hard the battle is. Anyway hope it is okay that I posted a comment on your blog. Your kids are darling!!! Good Luck.

Tazia Asplund

Karen said...

Erin--you can do it! I'm proud of you for getting started, that is really the hardest part! Keep us posted on your blog..I'm sure that you will get a lot of encouragement since you are so loved by many!!!!