CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankfull at Thanksgiving!

We had the pleasure this year to host Thanksgiving at our house. You may think we are weird but we LOVE to host at our house. Nate and I both love to get our house ready and decorate the table settings. I wished I would have taken pictures but I forgot, but our tables were pretty fantastic if I do say so my self! We had Nate's Sister, her hubby, Nate's brother, and my sister and her kids over for the big feast. Nate parents where supposed to come but his dad got sick so they weren't able to join us ( you where missed) Nate made an AMAZING turkey that he worked so hard on. He brimmed it for 24 hours before cooking it and it made it so juicy and delicious! While I made the stuffing, potatoes, gravy, and green bean casserole. Jo Dawn (Nate's sister) made the jello pudding, and their family tradition dish oyster casserole. I have yet to have tasted this dish in the 8 years that Nate and I have been together LOL. I was grateful to be surrounded by family. I am so extremely happy my sister was able to come out and spend a few days out here with me, I love her and she is my best friend! A few things I am thankful for in no particular order:

1. My family (my immediate and extended)
2. Our health
3. The Lord and his unconditional love for me!
4. The gospel
5.My home, and neighbors that surround us!
6.My beautiful kids
7. Our friends
8. laughter
9. Trials (they always make you stronger)
10. A warm bed to sleep in.

1 comments:

Lacey said...

oyster casserole? I don't think I would try it either. :) Sounds like a good Thanksgiving!