CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Braxton Richard Blass

Our sweet Braxton joined us in this world on August 8th 2011. He surprised us by coming 4 weeks early! My water broke around 10pm on the 7th I called Nate to come home from work then quickly started to pack our bags and called my sister to come get the other kids. When we got settled into our room at the hospital and set up on the heart monitors they told us his heart rate was dropping so I was moving from side to side and was put on oxygen. They started me on pitosin to try to hurry the process then when I was about a 5 I then asked for my epidural I wanted to go as long as I could natural but because it was just a slow process I decided to go ahead and get it. I regret it because the anesthesiologist was so rude and it was the most painful epidural I had ever had I am still having pain on my spine from it!!!!! I continued to move along slowly and when I got to a 6 I started to feel a lot of pressure I asked the to check me again and they kept reassuring me I wasn't ready.... I finally said CHECK me cause I am gonna push!!! At this point my epidural wasn't working and I was in a lot of pain they checked and hurried and called the doctor in. I started to push my first push and the Dr. told me to stop WHAT..... I can't stop I did everything in my power to stop because he then told me the cord was around the baby's neck. When i could push again I pushed once and out her came! They didn't let me hold him and that was very hard after they checked his vitals and made sure he was ok they handed him to Nate and he handed him to me. That's when I saw it, RED hair LOL. He is perfect! Weighing 5lbs 4oz and 19 and 1/4 inches long. He was healthy and doing great! We were able to bring him home with us and we all just love him!


Meeting their baby brother for the first time




























1 comments:

Lacey said...

Congrats! I'm glad it all went well, despite him being early. You sure have cute kids!