CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

6 years ago my life changed forever!

Six years ago on May 29, 2004 I became a mother for the first time. I knew that being a mom would be rewarding and great, but I had no idea what I was in store for! From that day forward my life changed forever. I remember laying in the hospital bed with excitement that my baby boy would be here soon and as I made my last push and they layed him in my arms I remember putting my head back and thanking the Lord for sending him to me while tears streamed down my face! That day was when I understood unconditional love for the first time, I felt so much love and emotion it was so overwhelming. As I sit here and think about that day I can't believe that baby boy is now 6!! I am so blessed to have such an amazing little boy and I am so honored to be his mother.




For Sky's big day this year we decided to do a low key birthday party with just a few friends. For those of you who know us you know this isn't like us we LOVE to throw BIG parties, with lots of friends and tons of fun. This year changed because Sky really wanted season passes to Lagoon again this summer and normally we would be fine with that and get the passes and he would have a big party, but with money tight this year we had to have him choose which one he wanted more and of coarse him being my child choose the Lagoon passes! :) So on Sat. he had a few friend and his cousins over for pizza, cupcakes and a pinata. They seemed to have lots of fun and I have to admit it was so nice to have a small party and have my house still be in one piece when it was over :) After the party we packed up and headed to Lagoon to get our passes! This summer I am going to have my sisters girls every other week to help her out with daycare cost when she asked me I said "I only had one stipulation" and she knew exaclty what I was gonna say. "you have to get the girls season passes this year!" She agreed so they came with us on Sat to get theirs too. We stayed and played for a while and it just reminded me why they are such a great idea to have. We don't have to be at Lagoon for 10 hours to feel like we got our moneys worth and if you go twice it totally pays for it self, we have already been twice so I guess the rest of the year is free :) LOL All in all I think he had a fabulous birthday! I love you Sky please stop growing I want you to be my little boy forever! :)

1 comments:

Chris and Malissa said...

How fun! Your family is sooo dang cute!