CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Wiggly teeth!




In September I took Sky and Abbie to the dentist and when Dr. Reinemer was "counting" Sky's teeth he told us that his bottom incisors where wiggly. As most of you can imagine me being a dental assistant I was SOOOO excited to get those things out. One of my favorite procedures to do when I was working was extractions!! :) He also said his top ones where starting to wiggle a little. So as time went on I kept telling Skyler to wiggle his teeth so they would get looser and I would work on them a few nights a week, but they were taking FOREVER to loosen up! about two weeks ago they really started to move and I decided to try to pull them, He really wanted me to because he wanted a visit from the tooth fairy. LOL It didn't go to well though he was so nervous and would tighten up every time I got in there so we waited a few more days and tried again and still nothing. Well one day Nate said lets do it like the people on "The funny show" (America's finniest home video's) a totally family favorite we watch it ever week!! Sky thought that was a great idea so we got some kite string and tied it to his tooth and the other end to the front door I was laughing the whole time I really didn't think it would work. the first try failed BUT the second try was success! We heard his tooth hit the door when it came flying out. I grabed Sky and looked at him and almost started to cry because he looked so big and mature with his little gap in his mouth :) Now I have to admit I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to pull it but this really was way more fun! He said it didn't even hurt and wanted to see his tooth. We went to get it on the string and it was GONE! ahhh oh no where the crap could that little tiny tooth be! We searched high and low and finally Nate started looking in the jackets hanging on our hooks next to the door and when he shook one we heard something drop and low and behold there is was his tiny tooth! :) He had to call all his grandparents and tell them and then he put it under his pillow he kept asking questions like " how does the tooth fairy know to come, what does she do with the teeth, ect." Well the sweet tooth fairy did come that night she left 2 whole dollars ( which is ridiculous I remember getting 50 cents haha) At about 4 am I heard Sky next to my bed " mom mom guess what she came she brought me 2 one dollars" I couldn't help but giggle and then tell him to go back to bed. When he woke up he came back in that morning and said "come see mom" I went in and he had placed the money back under his pillow and slept with it there all night. It cracks me up how excited he was. I love him so much he makes us smile everyday with his quirky attitude and funny jokes! I think he is sick of me asking him to smile to show me but he will just have to get over that because I am not going to stop I love it way to much!!! I wish I could post pictures but my computer is broken and wont upload anything so when I get a new one or I am somewhere that I can upload I will! :)

0 comments: